January is almost over! (Hip hip, hooray!) I've never been the biggest fan of January, although I like March even less. Next week I'm going to Texas for a few days, and let me tell you, I cannot WAIT to get away from the SNOW. I know I'm Canadian, I know I should be used to this, but every winter I realize how much I dislike it. I'm linking up with Emily Freeman for what I learned in January (if I can even remember).
1. We must have winter in order to have spring. I realized this (or chose to acknowledge it) last week when the blizzard was occurring.
2. I am not generally a very stick-with-a-plan type of person, but the SheReadsTruth 365 day Scripture plan has been a pure and utter delight. I have (mostly) stayed on target.
3. I LOVE all things Rainbow Rowell. I love her books (Fangirl is my favesy-fave forever, with Attachments being a close second), but I also love following her on Twitter. She's hilarious and I feel like we're kindred spirits. Specifically because of this:
4. We all struggle with fear. I thought this was something only I really struggled with, but I have received an overwhelming response to The Year of No Fear. (Learn about it here.)
5. I don't think I'll ever spell
rythym rhythym rhythm right the first time. It's ridiculous. You have to be a genius to do it.
6. I love speaking! I had the opportunity to speak at a church last night about The Year of No Fear, and it was amazing. It was something I was definitely scared to do, but it was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed it so much.
7. I had no idea how much we need to see verses that tell us we don't need to fear. I have been posting No Fear verses that I've hand lettered on Instagram every few days, and it's so much fun to see how much these verses mean to people. You can get them too, if you follow me at @alizalatta.
8. I like taking photos of hands. See above.
9. Somedays we forget our worth, and most days we need a reminder. So I wrote one, for you, for me, for the girl beside you.
10. A customer introduced me to my new favourite drink at Starbucks. Get a grande chai tea latte with no water, three pumps of chai, one pump of peppermint, and extra hot. Honestly, it's a hug in a cup. Cheesy but true. (Notice the hand thing once again!)
10. I am a writer, whether or not I am published. (I'm still working on believing this one.)
What did you learn this month? Happy end of January, folks!